Vājīkaraṇa is a special branch of Āyurveda which is practiced to promote the health and sexual life of the healthy men as well as of the sexually weak patients. The therapy which provides strength, potency, virility, sexual excitement, erection of sexual organ and pleasure in the intercourse is known as Vājīkaraṇa. For better results, it is necessary to perform Śodhana before administration of the Vājīkaraṇa drugs.
The medicines used for Vājīkaraṇa may be classified in 4 groups viz. Śukrala, ŚukraRecaka, ŚukraStambhaka and ŚukraŚoṣaka.
1. Śukrala: The drugs which causes qualitative and quantitative increase in the Śukra (sperm) are known as Śukrala. The drugs like Aśvagandhā, Musalī, Śarkarā, Śatāvarī belong to this group. These drugs are useful for aspermatogenesis (absence of sperm in semen) and oligospermia.
2. ŚukraRecaka: The drugs which help in ejaculation of semen may be known as ŚukraRecaka. The Bṛhatī-fruit and women belong to this group. These are useful for the conditions like aspermia. Milk, Māṣa, Bhallātaka-fruit pulp, Āmalakī-fruit etc. are both Śukrala and ŚukraRecaka.
3. ŚukraStambhaka: The drugs which increase the time of sexual intercourse are known as ŚukraStambhaka. The drug belongs to this group is Jātiphala. The best indication of these drugs is premature ejaculation.
4. ŚukraŚoṣaka: The drugs which dry the semen may be known as ŚukraŚoṣaka. Harītakī belongs to this group.
The commonly used drugs for Vājīkaraṇa are as follows:
1. Powder of root Aśvagandhā (winter cherry) – 1 to 3 g. or root of Mūsalī (wile asparagus) – 1 to 3 g. or root Śatāvarī – 1 to 3 g. or seed of Kapikacchū (cowage) – 1 to 3 g. or tuber of Vidārī (giant potato) – 1 to 3 g. or Nāgabalā – 1 to 3 g. to be taken with 100 to 250 ml. milk twice a day. These drugs are useful for Śukrajanana.
2. Kharjūra or PiṇḍaKharjūra (date) – 25 to 50 g. to be taken with 100 to 250 ml. milk thrice a day. It is useful for ŚukraRecana.
3. Powder of Bhaṅga (Indian hemp) leaf – 250 to 500 mg. to be taken with 4 to 6 g. honey and 100 to 250 ml. milk thrice a day. It is useful for ŚukraStambhana in premature ejaculation.
4. Powder of Jātiphala (mace nut) – 1 to 3 g. to be taken with 100 to 250 ml. milk twice a day for ŚukraStambhana in premature ejaculation.
5. Powder of Jāvitrī – 1 to 3 g. to be taken with 100 to 250 ml. milk twice a day. It is also useful for premature ejaculation.
6. Powder of Lavaṅga – 1 to 3 g. to be taken 100 to 250 ml. milk twice a day for premature ejaculation.
1. VasantaKusumākara: 60 to 120 mg. to be taken with 100 to 250 ml. milk twice a day.
2. MakaradhvajaVaṭī: 1 to 2 Vaṭī to be taken with 100 to 250 ml. milk twice a day.
3. Makaramuṣṭi Yoga: 60 to 120 mg. to be taken with honey and Śarkarā, twice a day.
4. AśvagandhāGhṛta: 12 to 24 g. to be taken with 100 to 250 ml. milk three times a day.
5. BṛhatChāgalyādiGhṛta: 12 to 24 g. to be taken with 100 to 250 ml. milk three times a day.
6. MṛtasañjīvaniSurā: 7 to 14 ml. to be taken twice a day with equal quantity of water after meal.
7. The special meat preparations and other drugs mentioned in the treatment of Dhātu-Kṣaya may also be used as Vājīkaraṇa.
1. ŚrīgopālaTaila to be applied on the penis.